Heat Pump Water Heaters, a challenging future
The 25th IIR Conference ICR 2019 will be held from 24th– 30thAugust 2019 at Palais de Congrès de Montréal.
At the Conference on 27th August a Workshop starting at 8.30 will be held titled: ‘Heat Pump Water Heaters, a challenging future’.
The Workshop is organized by the HPT Annex 46 on Domestic Hot Water Heat Pumps. The focus will be on R&D and future developments with presentations and discussion with experts. Some titles of the presentations are already known:
- Prof. Kiyoshi Saito, Waseda University, Japan: History and latest trends of domestic hot water heat pump technologies
- Prof. Emilio Navarro Peris, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain: Evaluation of different heat pump systems for sanitary hot water production using natural refrigerants.
- Dr. Pavel Makhnatch, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden: Easy LCCP analysis for Domestic Hot Water Heat Pumps.
- Dr. Kashif Nawaz, Oak Ridge National Laboratory: The roadmap of refrigerants for heat pump water heating- Challenges and Opportunities.
- Prof. Neil Hewitt, Ulster University, UK: Advanced vapour compression and/or sorption heat pumps with minimum compact thermal storage for DHW.
- Prof. Pedro G. Vicente Quiles, Universidad Miguel Hernández, Spain: ‘Heat Pumps supported by Photovoltaics for Sanitary Hot Water Production’,
The HPT Annex 46 focuses on increasing the knowledge on hot water heat pumps, as these are becoming with the lower energy use for space heating the dominant energy factor in domestic buildings. Scenarios have been developed and an R&D Roadmap will be presents and discussed.
After Presentations will be given by a minimum of 5 speakers, the focus will be on the discussion and interaction with experts on the question on how to go forward and on what to do.