During the Annex period a number of worskhops were held.
- 1st Workshop – Soesterberg. The first workshop focused on presenting the developments in Netherlands to the then still relatively small number of participating countries. The group went to visit the EnergyZero housing quarter in Soesterberg, invited by Mitsubishi/Alklima, showing their first prototypes of the Plug&Play Wattz.
- 2nd Workshop – Rotterdam at 12th IEA Heat Pump Conference. The workshop at the Conference was titled ‘Heat Pumps and Solar Energy, a win-win combination’ and some 90 participants joined in the lively discussion after presentations by experts from a number of other TCP’s. The workshop was organized by the Operating agent of this Annex together with experts from the Technical Collaboration Program on Solar Heating and Cooling. The conclusions of the workshop were presented by Jacob van Berkel at the plenary closing session of the Conference.
- 3rd Workshop – Tokyo – Before the 5th Working Meeting for the Annex a Workshop was held to discuss the concept reports from the participating countries. In the workshop the speakers were from the participating countries while the main attendants were from Japan and its National Team for the Annex. The first presentation was given by mr. Kenji Matsuda, General Manager of the Engineering Department within the Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association (JRAIA). On the third day of the Working Meeting for the Annex a visit was made to the project of Tokyo Toshi Service Company at Harumi Island Triton Square. This being a large area project with district heating and a storage system for a number of high rise office buildings. A presentation by Tokyo Toshi Service Company was given.
- 4th Workshop – Seoul. Before the 7th Working Meeting for the Annex a Workshop was held to inform Korean experts about the Annex work. In the workshop the speakers were from the participating countries while the main attendants were from Korea and its National Team for the Annex.
- 5th Workshop – Montréal at IIR Conference. On Tuesday 27th August a successful workshop titled ‘Heat Pump Water Heaters, a challenging future’ was held at the IIR Conference the ICR 2019 in the Palais de Congrès de Montréal. Over eighty participants joined in, where after the presentations by a number of invited experts and experts from the Annex 46, a lively discussion was held. Speakers invited from non-participating countries, were:
- Pavel Makhnatch MSc., KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden,
- Pedro G. Vicente Quiles, Universidad Miguel Hernández, Spain;
- Emilio Navarro Peris, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain.
It is envisaged to hold a workshop at the 13th IEA Heat Pump Conference in JEJU.