Sustainable domestic hot water production with heat pumping technologies will become the dominant energy demand in the domestic infra structure offering affordable smart storage opportunities.
A great number of new example projects have been uploaded for which the factsheets and some underlying reports can be downloaded.
Example projects in countries participating in the Annex and some other countries fall under four main categories:
- Monitored Example Projects in the participating countries of the Annex
- Example projects in New Buildings
- Example projects in Existing Buildings
- Example Projects with CO2 as Refrigerant.
These are collected for Single Family Buildings as well as Multi-Family Buildings. Only a small number of projects have been monitored.
This being only the ‘Top of the Iceberg’ it must be mentioned that next to the number of examples collected, there is a number of other sites an information platforms where examples are shown.
Due to the worldwide Corona virus the IEA Heat Pump Conference is postponed to 21st – 24th September 2020 at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Jeju (South Korea). Follow the developments on the website of the 13th IEA Heat Pump Conference
For the Conference a great number of papers on technology advances on Heat Pump Water Heaters and related topics have been received to be presented.
Next to this we are planning for the first day of the Conference a special Workshop on ‘Modelling Heat Pump Water Heaters’. Many institutes and universities are working on modelling the relation between heat exchanger (i.e. condenser), refrigerant, storage, storage size, stratification and performance. We are bringing the experts together to discuss the future developments. The full Workshop program will be published soon.
At the 25th IIR Conference ICR 2019 in Montréal on 27th August a Workshop attracting more than eighty participants. Presentations were held by experts from the participating countries in the Annex and invited speakers from Spain and Sweden. The presentations and relevant papers published by the presenters are available on this website under the publication pages.
2019 Workshop in Seoul
In the Seoul Intercontinental Hotel an Annex Workshop was held at 16th May 2019 to inform Korea experts about the works undertaken in the Annex and the importance for Korea to participate. Presentations were given by the Annex participants.
- At the 25th IIR Conference ICR 2019 in Montréal there were six presentations on Heat Pump Water Heaters and related technologies.
- A presention on the Annex was held by Cordin Arpagaus at the Swiss IEA Networking event.
- New Papers published by Annex participants on PUBLICATIONS page.
- Rocky Mountains Insititute publishes interesting report on Zero Energy Houses in the USA with a clear statement about Heat Pump Water Heaters
- All papers from the 12th IEA Heat Pump Conference on Domestic Hot Water can be downloaded as ZIP-file.
IEA HPT Annex 46 is an international project on heat pumping technologies for Domestic Hot Water (DHW) under the IEA Technical Collaboration Program for Heat Pumping Technologies (TCP-HPT).